I’m so excited to announce that we’re having a Girl! The news totally took us for a loop because we were so sure we were having a boy. Before we got pregnant, we nicknamed our future child”Caleb.” Caleb this…Caleb that… We were so convinced it was a boy so much so that we refered to our gowing fetus as “him” and “he.” Even our midwife predicted boy because our baby’s heartbeat consistently gauged in the 140s every single time!
I’m beaming with joy, wonder and excitement. Could’nt stop cheesing all day!
Here are a few things I’m looking forward to with my daughter:
- Dressing her up in all the cutest outfits (of course!)
- Sharing my love for art, fashion, travel and Africa with her
- Baking cookies together…just to have daddy eat them all
- Watching her hair blow in the wind
- Manicures, Pedicures and answering all her questions
- Engaging her mind so that she grows up to be a beautiful, strong, independent-minded person
- Teaching her compassion and service
- Encouraging her dreams
- Holding her tiny hand in mine
- Watching myself and her daddy grow into stronger, conscious and self-accepting people because of her
What are some of your hopes and dreams for your baby daughter/child? Check out 500 Pieces of Prudent Advice for my Baby Daughter for some fun and inspiring words of wisdom.